Cheap Helicopter Tours over New YorkBuy tickets now
Cheap helicopter tours over New York show you the landmarks from the air. Taking a helicopter flight is one of my favourite activities in New York. However, helicopter flights are not cheap. Many flights depart from the helipad in Lower Manhattan. This is an easily accessible place but it also makes these flights relatively expensive. A good and inexpensive alternative is a helicopter flight departing from outside of Manhattan.
Inexpensive Helicopter Flight NYC
Would you like to take a helicopter flight in New York, but you have a limited budget and you are willing to travel a little further? Then book one of the flights below. These will give you the full experience of a helicopter flight over Manhattan but for a lower amount. The airport where the helicopters depart is located in New Jersey, a short drive from Manhattan.
Cheapest Helicopter Flight
The shorter helicopter flight takes around 12 to 15 minutes. This does not seem long, but during that time you will certainly see many sights passing by. For example, you will have a beautiful view of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Wall Street and the Brooklyn Bridge. This is an unforgettable experience for only CA$214!
Helicopter Flight With Central Park
Would you like to fly for longer and also admire Central Park from the air? Then you can choose a helicopter flight from 17 to 19 minutes. After takeoff, you will fly past the Statue of Liberty and Downtown Manhattan, then follow the East River upwards. You will have views of the Empire State Building and Midtown Manhattan, before flying over Central Park and towards the Hudson. Afterwards, the helicopter returns to New Jersey. For CA$249 you can enjoy these unparalleled views of New York City.
Long Helicopter Flight
Do you want to experience the ultimate helicopter flight? Then you could choose the longest flight for CA$316, which takes no less than 20 to 25 minutes. This extra-long flight makes a big, circular trip all around Manhattan. Since the helicopter flies to The Bronx, you can even see Yankee Stadium. In addition, you will see all the sights that also pass by on the other two tours, such as the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building.
After booking, you will receive a voucher by email which you can print or show on your phone as a ticket for the flight.
- Duration: variable
- Departure point: Kearny, New Jersey heliport. The easiest way to get here is with the PATH, which you take to Journal Square station ($2.75). For the remaining distance from the station to the airport, you can take an Uber or taxi. This takes around ten minutes. If you would like to go to the airport by car from Manhattan, I advise you to book a transfer to Kearny heliport here in advance.
- Departure time: daily between 9:00 to 17:00.
- Age: For all ages, children from 0 to 1 years old can join for a lower rate and must sit on your lap.
- Please be there at least 1 hour before departure.
- A maximum of 6 passengers can fit in a helicopter.
Did you find this article useful? Let me know!