Newark Airport to Long Island City Transfer
For your Newark Airport (EWR) to Long Island City (Queens) transfer, you have several options. It’s a long journey, that can take quite some time if you travel by public transportation. You could take the train to Manhattan, then transfer to the subway, taxi or bus.
Taxi from Newark to LIC
I wouldn’t recommend taking a taxi at Newark Airport. If you travel from one state to another, airport taxis are allowed to charge you a special, premium price for these interstate drives. Should you take such a cab, expect to pay about US$140 to $160. Personally, I advise you to book a car service with a driver in advance, this is much cheaper and you know the amount (excluding tips and tolls) upfront.
In case you’re travelling with four or more people, I really recommend using the car service and book your Mini-Van below.
Follow the steps below to book your transport:
- Enter Newark Airport and your flight data and make sure to select ‘International (Outside only)’ at ‘Meeting Area’.
- Enter Queens, choose Long Island City and then add the address.
- Enter the date and pick-up time (you can just enter your flight’s arrival time, they will keep an eye on your actual flight arrival time).
- Choose the car you like.
- Enter your personal details and choose your form of payment, I recommend you to choose the cash option, you’ll then pay cash to the driver
- Enter your phone number and make sure to enter your phone number again at ‘Special Requests’. Do it the international way this time. As for example: “Hello, my phone number is 001 XXX XXX XXXX”.
- Confirm your order and check if you’ve received the confirmation email.
Are you travelling from a different airport?
Did you find this article useful? Let me know!