Newark Airport to Long Island City Transfer
For your Newark Airport (EWR) to Long Island City (Queens) transfer, you have several options. It’s a long journey, that can take quite some time if you travel by public transportation. You could take the train to Manhattan, then transfer to the subway, taxi or bus.
Taxi from Newark to LIC
I wouldn’t recommend taking a taxi at Newark Airport. If you travel from one state to another, airport taxis are allowed to charge you a special, premium price for these interstate drives. Should you take such a cab, expect to pay about US$140 to $160. Personally, I advise you to book a car service with a driver in advance, this is much cheaper and you know the amount (excluding tips and tolls) upfront.
In case you’re travelling with four or more people, I really recommend using the car service and book your Mini-Van below.
Follow the steps below to book your transport:
- Enter the date, pick-up time (just fill out your arrival time, the company will check when you arrive and at which gate) and the amount of people and luggage.
- Fill in the airport and your flight details, and choose Meeting Area “International (Outside Only)”.
- Fill in the address and click the matching option in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose the desired car.
- Fill in your details and select the method of payment. I recommend you to choose the “Pay Later” option, you’ll pay cash or with a credit card to the driver. If you’d like to know the full amount in advance, you can choose to pay right away by credit card.
- Enter your phone number in the international format, including the country code.
- Confirm your booking and you will receive your confirmation email.
Are you travelling from a different airport?
Did you find this article useful? Let me know!