From JFK Airport to a hotel in New JerseyBuy tickets now
If you are flying to JFK but are staying in New Jersey, you have quite the trip ahead of you. Depending on where you need to be in New Jersey, there are a number of options. You could take the train to, for example, Jersey City. However, you would need to change three times and then take a taxi to your hotel.
Taxi from JFK to New Jersey
I would not advise taking a cab because, as JFK is located in a different state than New Jersey, taxi drivers can charge a special rate. On top of that, they often drive through busy Manhattan which can lead to fares as high as US$150 – $200. Booking a car service or van with a driver beforehand is a better option and much cheaper. You know the price (excl. toll and tips) before you leave and if you are travelling with more people, it’s an affordable option.
Follow the steps below to book a car service or a van
- Enter the date, pick-up time (just fill out your arrival time, the company will check when you arrive and at which gate) and the amount of people and luggage.
- Fill in the airport and your flight details, and choose Meeting Area “International (Outside Only)”.
- Fill in the address and click the matching option in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose the desired car.
- Fill in your details and select the method of payment. I recommend you to choose the “Pay Later” option, you’ll pay cash or with a credit card to the driver. If you’d like to know the full amount in advance, you can choose to pay right away by credit card.
- Enter your phone number in the international format, including the country code.
- Confirm your booking and you will receive your confirmation email.
Are you travelling from a different airport?
Did you find this article useful? Let me know!