From Newark Airport to a hotel in Queens or BrooklynBuy tickets now
If you have a hotel or apartment in Queens or Brooklyn, and you arrive at Newark airport then you will need to travel to the state of New York. From Newark, there are buses or trains that go to Manhattan and from there you can travel on with the subway (if your hotel/apartment is located near a subway).
Taxi from Newark to Queens or Brooklyn
I would not advise taking a Yellow cab as Newark is located in a different state and taxi drivers can charge a special rate. If you do decide to take such a taxi then be prepared to pay $110 to $130. Instead, try booking a car service or van with a driver beforehand and save a lot of money. Additionally, if you are travelling with more people, you can order a van which is a lot cheaper than going by taxi.
Follow the steps below to book a car service or van
- Enter the date, pick-up time (just fill out your arrival time, the company will check when you arrive and at which gate) and the amount of people and luggage.
- Fill in the airport and your flight details, and choose Meeting Area “International (Outside Only)”.
- Fill in the address and click the matching option in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose the desired car.
- Fill in your details and select the method of payment. I recommend you to choose the “Pay Later” option, you’ll pay cash or with a credit card to the driver. If you’d like to know the full amount in advance, you can choose to pay right away by credit card.
- Enter your phone number in the international format, including the country code.
- Confirm your booking and you will receive your confirmation email.
Are you travelling from a different airport?
Did you find this article useful? Let me know!