Public Library New York
The Public Library in New York is located on the corner of Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street. The building is known for its beautiful interior. Besides the worthwhile visit to the building, there is free internet and computer services are also available.
Visiting the Public Library
The Public Library New York is the second largest public library in the US. It is spread over several locations, of which the Bryant Park location is the most famous and impressive. The imposing building with it’s high ceilings, grand staircases and mysterious halls is definitely a nice place to pop in to if you are in the neighbourhood. The library is ‘guarded’ by the two stone lions; Patience and Fortitude who stand at the entrance.
Public Library Services
The New York Public Library offers several complementary services:
- Free internet access
- Free WiFi for those who use their own laptop
- Free laptop docking service (bring your own Ethernet cable)
- Free access to MS Office.
Registration required as a visitor to use the computers. Do not forget your ID.
- Opening hours:
- Mon 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- Tues – Wed 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Thu – Sat 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- Sun 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street